Today’s Quote; “Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.” – Albert Einstein
My Thoughts; I’ve been thinking of late about the pivotal events in a man’s life. Pivotal as in vitally important, especially in determining the outcome, progress, or success of something.
Pivotal in the sense that we recognize the significance of that moment…after which everything has changed in some way and you find yourself headed in a new or different direction. In a man’s life there are many.
- The first time something or someone you cared about passed away.
- Creating something with your own hands for the first time.
- Devotion of your time and intention to Becoming Really Good at Something.
- Making that first Big Purchase
- …Or what about the first time she lifted her hips slightly to enable you to take off her panties. No..Not last week – although good for you if that is the case…Im talking about the first time it happened, ever. That’s pivotal Bro.
- What about the first time you truly glimpsed the Path you were on – and you understood what it means to devote yourself to Mastery of …what exactly? What have you learned? What has it required of you?
- What are some of your pivotal events? What did they teach you? How have they changed your life?
Things We Love; There are some transcendant moments when you realize how good it is to be alive and how excellent it is to be a man. There are a host of Good Things that go along with being a man – and among those is the richness of camaraderie, of brotherhood – there is nothing to compare to the experience of laughing together with men of like minds.
In my minds eye I can go back to a warm evening with two very dear friends…two of us with cigars and two fingers of the dark liquor of our choice in hand, the other with a cigarette. I dont remember what the hell we talked about – its not important. What is important to me is the laughter. Deep, rich..from the belly..the kind that leaves you slumped over sideways in your chair, short of breath and wiping a tear out of the corner of your eye with the back of your hand. It comes in waves – as soon as it dies down, someone will say something that will start it up again.
My wish today for every man is that you be blessed with friends that you can laugh with like that. I believe the entire world would benefit.
Now, It’s not too late if you do not have those kinds of relationships in your life, and I’ll share with you a profound secret that I’ve discovered along the way. You can change big things in your life today, if that’s what you want.
And only you can want whatever it is in such a way that it is going to work for you. How? Im glad you asked that question;
- Say what it is that you want. Not ‘in your head’ Bro – actually say it out loud. Yes, I know it sounds goofy – but its real. Think about this: What if the things that are missing in our lives arent there simply because we’ve never said that’s what we wanted? These days, the concept of self-advocacy is taught in the schools all the time. People of our generation missed a lot of those lessons. So lets begin today – now, while nobody’s looking – lets advocate for ourselves and speak our truth out into the Universe. You want good friends? SAY SO. You want a new JOB??? SAY SO. You want a new vehicle, to lose weight, to be able to spend more time doing something that you love? SAY SO!! Having good friends (or anything else on this list) does not have to be a rare occurrence that only happens to other people. And by saying this to yourself, today….you will know the truth of it and see it actually begin to unfold after this moment, true? Consider it an experiment of sorts. Of course when the magic happens I’d love to hear about it! Do it now!
Music in my Head: Old school stuff…Marvin Gaye singing Distant Lover live…Steely Dan, AJA…Earth Wind and Fire….Would.You Mind.
Adventures this week; I’ve been working on focusing my intention toward what it is that I actually WANT out of this life instead of spending so much time and energy thinking about that which I do NOT want. It seems like a small distinction, but it is actually very important. Check this; “Continuing to tell stories of shortage only continues to contradict your desire for abundance, and you cannot have it both ways: You cannot focus upon unwanted and receive wanted. You cannot focus upon stories about money that make you feel uncomfortable and allow into your experience what makes you feel comfortable. A different story will bring different results: My thoughts are the basis for the attraction of all things that I consider to be good, which includes enough money, and health, for my comfort and joy.” — Abraham
I am thankful for; my Namaste, good friends and family and a good nights rest. If you’ve ever suffered from even the smallest bout with insomnia you know how good it is to rest deeply and peacefully and to awaken refreshed and ready to meet the challenges of the day.
You are close to your goal.
Rest if you must – but dont you quit.
When I was a kid, my Dad would recite parts of this poem to me and as corny as it seemed then – its amazing how often I’ve heard these words in my head, in his voice…right at the time when I needed them. I offer a bit of it to you here – enjoy.
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don’t you quit.