One of the biggest questions we get is about Coaching and Mentoring.
Because we offer both sometimes people don’t understand what the difference is, or which one would work for them.
To that point we’ve put together this neat-o little post to help you figure out which one to use. Please note that these terms only apply to Richard and Namaste others might have different distinctions between them.
- Coaching is usually for shorter term. In our coaching relationships we focus on reaching a set goal. Writing a Book. Starting a Business. Learning how to communicate.
- Practice specific skill sets such as:
- I want to learn how to attract more abundance
- I want to get out of Fear/Anger/Depression
- How can I forgive this person?
- How can I get my hormones in Balance
- I need support in this ONE situation
- Often when people come to us for coaching they may need a few months of sessions or just one. They want to know the nuts and bolts, concrete tools and accountability. While we do have coaching clients who have been with us for years- the norm for a coaching relationship for us is 6 months or less – with periodic “check ups” to get clarity, reflection and support specialization.
- As Coaches we ask very powerful, insightful and intuitive questions created to help you achieve the goal you have. We do not have to walk the same path to have an effective coaching relationship – we provide the opportunity and tools- you decide how you want to use them.
Mentoring uses some of the tools of Coaching – but with a lot of add-ons. Our mentoring programs are highly Relational.
- They are long term (a minimum of a year and 1 day).
- We allow opportunities for face-to-face time.
- More than just listening the mentoring relationship provides more guidance. In the mentoring relationship with Namaste for instance – she takes women through each of the classes of SOFT in a personal and specific way – sharing her insights on Femininity based on her own experiences, insights and lifestyle.
- When we mentor our goal is for the apprentice to be able to do what we do.
- Because of the intensity of the Mentoring Relationship we offer VERY limited mentoring spaces per year.
- We suggest Mentoring for those ready for the commitment in:
- Time – There are assignments, and deep work and a minimum one year and a day commitment.
- Energy – Are you focused on inhabiting and embodying your Life, Love and Femininity or Masculinity?
- Resources – Are you ready to make the financial investment?