This morning I was thinking about a fairly common meme in American culture… Of telling a man to “Get out!!” Or leaving a blanket on the couch as a sign for him to sleep there when he’s earned the ire of his wife.
This undermines Passionate Partnership.
To create passionate partnership you must remove certain behaviors as being acceptable within a relationship.
One of them is the right to kick your Husband out of the bed, the bedroom or the house.
Think about this for a moment… And no beautiful, this isn’t about sex.
This is about respect. Your bed is his bed. Your bedroom is his bedroom. Your home is his home.
Telling a man to go sleep on the couch is the height of Rejection and Disrespect regardless of reason.
Understand what you’re communicating:
1. I am so angry with you that I can’t abide your presence. (This illicits deep rejection in the Masculine)
2. I have more of a “right” to be here than you do (devaluing and undermining his investment in the relationship and the family)
3. I have more authority over this space than you do (emasculating him)
4. I know what “we” need… You do not. (Placing yourself out of the position of his lover into being his mother)
5. Your feelings don’t count.
You hold his heart my love, Make a commitment to be mindful of how you treat it… Especially when you’re angry.
With great power comes great responsibility.
**disclaimer- All posts refer to the creation, cultivation and expansion of deeply fulfilling, passionate and sustainable relationships only.